- Jessica Lee - Jeweler/Designer
- Maker of fine hand crafted heirloom jewelry made from recycled sea glass, vintage pottery, lace, glass and stones.
- Studio in beautiful Santa Cruz, CA
- JL925 Jessica Lee Designs started business in 1995
- We have been selling online since 2000
- Working in our studio we have - 1 Office Manager, 1 Studio Manager, 3 talented Silversmiths, and 3 dogs!
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- like us on Facebook at - jl925jessicaleedesigns
- follow us on Twitter - @jl925designs
The materials Jessica uses consist of sterling silver of the highest quality, sea glass, sea pottery - hand picked from the California coast, vintage pottery and stained glass gathered from antique and thrift stores. The glass and pottery shards are hand shaped into forms influenced by natural elements, architecture, art and music. Jessica is also making her own fused glass in her studio.
Jessica believes that instead of depleting our natural resources we should look for ways to use the materials we already have. Her designs using re-purposed materials give Jessica's jewelry a unique look which ranges in design from organic to modern. Her challenge is to utilize recyclable items that will lend themselves to today's fashions and tomorrows heirlooms.
Born to parents who are both painters, it was only natural for Jessica Lee to follow a career in the arts. At an early age she began producing intricate beaded jewelry, which created an immediate following. After journeys across the United States, Europe and Asia, Jessica studied jewelry design & silver work at college in San Francisco, where she also apprenticed under several prominent silver smiths.
On all our current pieces of Jessica Lee Designs jewelry you will find our makers mark jl925. This symbolizes jl for Jessica Lee and 925 which is our silver content. In all of our pieces we ensure the quality of our sterling silver and take pride in that. Through international agreement sterling silver is 92.5% pure silver and the rest is copper to make the silver strong and to slow down the tarnishing process